As part of my cinematic punishment for missing the excellent Dredd in theaters last year, I watched Pitch Perfect. Between watching this film and walking out/being forced out of a Ryan Gosling movie, I’m still unsure if I’ve appeased the Movie Gods.
Has anybody seen Pitch Perfect? This movie is so weird; weird for a mainstream/rather popular film. There are multiple scenes involving projectile vomiting. Stand by Me levels of vomiting! Anna Kendrick dresses like Kristen Stewart’s character in Twilight and makes mash ups! Anna Kendrick wants to be a mash up DJ! The male lead looked like a cross between Dane Cook and that guy from the show, “Chuck” and all of the charisma that you could imagine from that pairing. Elizabeth Banks & John Michael Higgins are crowbarred into the thing! It’s so weird.
However, I should add that Anna Kendrick was good in the film and can sing surprisingly well. It’s just hard to believe her as a college freshmen when she’s played mostly adult characters. I get casting and sometimes, you just have to use the actor that best fits the part.
- hugeinjapan said:I thought it was ‘Bring It On’ plus better music and minus Eliza Dushku. Which is to say that I liked it much better than I expected.
- yumwatch said:so weird and I loved it.
- yumwatch likes this
- brettbretterson likes this
- michaelpop reblogged this from skeetonmischa and added:
- shorterexcerpts likes this
- barthel said:It’s so good
- danhacker said:I really loved it. I thought it was surprisingly dark for a film that was trying to hook the Glee crowd. It’s interesting that Elizabeth Banks produced it and was very hands on with it’s production too.
- skeetonmischa posted this